I cannot believe that Anna Christine will be nine months old tomorrow. We went to the doctor yesterday, and we got a great report. She weighed in at 23 lbs. (97%) and 29 inches long (91%). As you can see from the picture, she got her first mosquito bite. Her top two teeth are on their way!
This morning, Anna Christine pulled up for the second time. (The first time was a couple of days again but I was not able to capture it). What a great accomplishment!This week has been a big week for Anna Christine. She has enjoyed some steamed vegetables and cheese, not pureed. Also, we tried the baby food meat which resulted in her refusing to eat any baby food at all the entire next day. On Thursday, she attended nursery while I was in Bible study. This was a very traumatic time for the both of us. Everyone listened to her scream the entire time. I went and checked on her and calmed her down, but as soon as I left, she began again. One mother encouraged me not to get her. After the study was over, many other woman were questioning me on why I let her continue. What am I supposed to do? Of course, I never wanted her to go to the nursery in the first place. I always want her with me.
9 comments:
She is absolutely gorgeous, and I can't believe she's nine months already:). I look at Ella and can't believe she's going on three--it happens so quickly! Don't worry about the nursery thing and others telling you how you should or should not have acted--you're her mom, and you're doing the right thing! Just keep trying the nursery at church--it'll get better, and it's good for her and YOU! Call me sometime so we can talk. Love you!
Brooke
Emily,
I totally understand about the nursery thing. Annabelle had a REALLY hard time adjusting to the nursery. When she started, she cried the whole time she was in there. I have also recently started Bible study, so she goes on Thursdays as well as Sundays. The nursery workers have been telling me that she is doing better. She still cries when I leave her, but she stops after a few minutes. Just keep trying and do what you think is best for her. It is gut-wrenching to know that they are crying, and I enjoy church and Bible study much more now that I know she isn't screaming the whole time. So take heart--it will get better, even though it seems like it won't!! We still have room for improvement, but it's SO much better!!
Katy
I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Get Mama to tell the story of me in the nursery sometime -- when the nursery was where the kitchen is now in Tchula. Just something all moms have to go through, I guess, but it is heartbreaking during that stage.
I love all of you, and I just can't believe how big and cute Anna Christine is!!
Talk soon,
Emily
I miss my nieces and nephew!!!!!! They are growing up too fast without me!
She is so precious. I can't believe that I've never even held her and she has never met her crazy Aunt Joyce. Give her a great big kiss for me. Love, Aunt Joyce
Emily-
I completely understand-- we struggle with the nursery at church and Bible study. I'm afraid Lily has become "that" child. We've been paged every time she's been in the nursery. I just keep trying and hopefully she'll get used to it (and the nursery workers will get used to her!). Hang in there!
-Larissa
Don't worry what anyone says about whether to leave or her or get her out of the nursery. You just do what makes you feel the most comfortable and at ease. Miss you!
Emily,
I'll forever remember you singing Jesus Loves Me to Sammy at church that night when he just wouldn't stop crying. :)
The nursery thing is very hard, but I agree with everyone else, you have to do what you need to do. Don't worry about the other moms, because you won't be able to please all of them. Just do what you and Samuel decide is best.
We love you all. I can't believe how big Anna Christine is, she is totally precious.
Gwen
Emily,
I'm glad to see that she is growing up so fast and still so cute... Take care.. miss yah.
pachee
Post a Comment