Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ready to Run


I left the room for just a second, and I came back in to find Anna Christine with my shoes!

For any of our readers that have the slighest interest in history, I highly recommend THE WAR on PBS. It is outstanding, and the footage is amazing! I cannot say enough about this film! I must warn you that some of the images stuck with me throughout the night. The accounts of these men are wonderful and some are very sad, but it gives you a sense of the reality of what these men went through.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily-

I couldn't agree with you more about The War on PBS. I have been watching bits and pieces but have missed most of it. I'm on the waiting list at the library to get the whole series. Now, when am I going to make time to watch 20 hours of Tv? Probably never. Makes me wish we had tivo.

AC is growing and looking so cute! How is staying home with her? I bet you are enjoying yourself.

Our girls are fine here. We have Evie in preschool and Annalise is trying to walk. It keeps me hopping. I am trying to fit in some personal time too, but that doesn't always happen. (That's why I've only seen 3 portions of The War).

Tell Sam that if he gets any interviews at Purdue or Illinois, he better stop by. We are only an hour from Purdue. Also, best of luck finishing up!

Talk to you soon.
Jenni Taller

Anonymous said...

what an angel! she has a sneaky look on her face. i may have seen that same look on her moma's face when she was about that same age. it worked for her so i know that cute little look works for anna christine too. tell her nana and dede loves her. mooma

mary straton said...

I should have known a history buff like you would be into The War. Kell and my dad both love it, too. It's very moving.

AC is getting so big and more gorgeous evert time I see a new picture. :)

miss you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that AC has finally decided to do something about that gut!

Anonymous said...

Ken Burns is overrated!