Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Scorpions!


Since we got back from visiting Catherine, we have moved into a small rental home in Tampa. Emily and I really like living here because it's a great neighborhood and we are closer to our church and friends; but now my drive to work has increased from 25 to about 40 minutes (plus $2.50 in tolls) one way.

Speaking of the drive to work, when I got in yesterday, Emily had already left me a voicemail on my office phone. Upon calling her back, I learned that she had found a scorpion inside our house, crawling next to Anna Christine. She got it into a jar and was about to call the exterminator, but after some quick research, I found that Florida scorpion stings (and those of almost all species native to the US) are not fatal, and that pest control is only needed for severe, persistent problems. Regardless, I was very concerned, and I thought about the problem the rest of the day. After returning home and seeing the culprit, however, I no longer worry about it. Emily, on the other hand, persists that we have baby scorpions in the house.

9 comments:

Jill said...

I'm with you Emily...it's exterminator time! YUCK! AC is beautiful in her little pink dress. Congrats on the move! So does that mean that you guys will be staying in FL?

ragan said...

Y'all moved...AGAIN!! ;-)
Okay, enough about baby scorpians, what about baby Hutton? Is it a boy or a girl????

Brink said...

That is scary. I would have freaked out. :)
I guess we need your new address! I hope that you continue to love your new home.

Anonymous said...

Good news is that's not a scorpion. It's a earwig also known as a pincher bug. Completely harmless just a little scary looking. Pete

Anonymous said...

By the way, do I get $20 for guessing, like your bacon grease picture?

LT (and Max) said...

emily---praying for you and your family.

Melissa said...

Sam and Emily,
I am so sorry to read about Catherine's passing. Our prayer's are with you, but we know that your faith will get you through this and we know Catherine is at peace.
Love
Melissa and Jimmy

mary straton said...

Samuel and Em, we are thinking of and praying for your entire family.

much, much love,
mary straton and kell

Carrie said...

Hey Emily! I have no idea how I found your blog, but I am so glad I did! Can't wait to keep up!