Monday, February 1, 2010

Our Little Bruiser


Someone told me yesterday, "I don't think I would want to get Forrest upset. He's looks like a little bruiser." I was a little shocked, because he resembles a little boy back in the 1950s to me. Also, three different people last week asked me if I should still be lifting him- no kidding (I don't know if they were basing this on his size and weight or how exhausted and pregnant I look- either way). He is a heavy 30 or so pounds. One lady in the nursery last week was seriously concerned that I could do severe damage to my back if I lifted him in the wrong way. I just smiled and took my baby boy. As I mentioned before, he is no longer taking two naps. I had to take a quick shower the other day, and he brought me my cellphone, home phone, and all three remotes while I was in the shower, all of which he is not allowed to play with.
Forrest is a sweet little guy who loves to wave and say hello and blow kisses. He loves being outside, sticks, chocolate chips, running away from you as fast as he can, climbing up stairs, throwing things, and pulling anything he can get his hands on off the counters or high places. He also really loves his blue "b" and paci. He does not like for me to change his diaper. He never really minds for Samuel to do it, but I chase him around the house to catch him. He loves to eat anything that is "big." I don't cut anything up for him- bananas, sandwiches, apples, chicken tenders, etc. He also prefers most things to be seasoned. He does not love cucumbers, but he won't stop eating them if they have olive oil, s & p, and balsamic on them. His little life is about to really change once this new baby comes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how you love that little guy! he is so precious and so is Anna christine. what a blessing they both are and to have another is so wonderful. i can't wait. i love yall so. nana

Bree said...

I can't wait to see the little bruiser in a swim suit!