Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cinderella Day

This past weekend was AC's dance recital, and we wanted to make it a special day for her. So, we made her a castle cake with Cinderella figurines all around it to celebrate. The dance recital was not one of AC's golden moments. I doubted myself as a mother as I watched my three year old daughter cry from a stage in front of hundreds of people. Why did I make her go through this? Anyway, she loved the classes and really loved her teacher and met some great little girls (her teacher has told me that she is the best in the class). The whole day was very stressful on everyone. I tried to record while she was on stage, but I turned the camera on before the dance, and when the dance started, I turned the camera off. I recorded everything but the dance- not surprised. I am including a video of their performance from a couple of weeks ago at a local carnival. I love this video.





AC loves playing with little people. She has taken those cinderella people everywhere in her backpack. I think she might have played with them today (Monday) for a couple of hours in Chanin's crib. They talk to each other and dance together and do all sorts of things. Samuel put new batteries in their vaccum cleaner, and Forrest has been very busy vaccuming. Before new batteries were put in, Forrest would just make the sound himself. He is very serious about vaccuming. He totes around my vaccum cleaner attachments everywhere he goes, but unfortunately, we left them at dance class. Tomorrow, hopefully, we will find them in the lost and found at the studio.



In other news, Chanin is feeling much better. He is not crying nearly as much, and his nursing is improving. It is still not where it ought to be, but I think he might feel some slight pain. He just goes with us wherever we go.


When Samuel and I woke up Sunday morning, this is what we walked out to. . . AC playing at the kitchen table and Forrest sleeping on the sofa. .


Enjoy the video. . .She has the first move down!! Sweet girl.

3 comments:

Joel said...

ooh my goodness emily, she was precious. i thought she was crying, but i thought she did as well as the others. she was beautiful. Samuel, the cake you designed was wonderful. i want one. all the pictures are so sweet. can't wait to see them. love you. nana

Bree said...

That video was so funny! She was truly frozen on stage...at least she looks great in the dress.

Anna Murphy said...

So priceless! So funny! She stole the show!!! My favorite part is when the other girl comes to see what's going on with her. So what was she looking at anyway?