I am so glad that my baby is so sweet and soft. And, I am so thankful that I own an Ergo (I misspelled it in a previous post). Anyway, Chanin had a rough night last night. When he wakes up in the middle of the night, he pulls up on the crib. I go in there, and I nurse him. I notice that he is asleep, and so I carefully place him back in his bed on his belly. He immediate wakes up and pulls himself back up. I am sure that some of you are wondering why I don't just let him cry himself to sleep. Well, we tried to let him work it out himself last night, he cannot get himself back down from his standing position. So, he cries and cries. We go back in there and help him down, and he just cries and cries. So, we are all very tired today. Chanin spent a good amount of time this morning in the Ergo while I was fixing lunches and cleaning up. I love him in there, because I can get as many kisses as I want.
The real trouble is Forrest. Yesterday afternoon, I noticed that he was dragging, not his normal happy and content self. I took his temperature, and it was a little high. Well, it finally got up to 102, and I asked him where it hurt. He motioned to his neck, and I told him to look up. I immediately saw the problem. . . his lymph nodes were huge! I called the doctor and she told us that he would be fine until the morning. We took him in hoping for strep throat (easy resolution), but the test came back negative. At this point, she thinks it is viral, but it is too soon to test for mono. In a week, we will take him back in if his fever is still high. A week!!!! I know. It's horrible news. She said that his large lymph nodes are a possible signs of mono. So sad, but Forrest is a great patient. He still is loving on and playing with Chanin more than I would like, and he immediate shares and is generous with his special treats with Anna Christine. He slept with us last night and would wake frequently to ask for something to drink. As you can see, he has plenty of stickers (and I have plenty of ironing to do) and I am letting him have his paci. This picture was taken prior to him spilling to large glasses of water within five minutes.
My mom bought AC this workbook, and she loves it. She's like her mama. The faster you get the picture colored the better. We call it school, and she loves to do it by herself and surprise me with it when she is done.
So, I am not really sure if I got any sleep last night. I will leave you with a link to this wonderful pumpkin recipe. I am not crazy about pumpkin, but I bought some and decided to make something. My FB friend referred me to this
and I love these things. She is right about keeping them in the frig. They are delicious. I tried them first thing in the morning, and then I thought I should try another one. After that, I kept thinking that I needed to try just one more, but I gave half of them away. You should try it out.




1 comment:
I am so sorry about Forrest and Chanin. I will be praying for you!! Love yall.
Post a Comment