Y'all, we helped AC color the gingerbread. She is not as good as the picture showed. The reindeer shows her true coloring talent.
Anyway, we finally got our tree up. As much as I was dreading it, it was so fun. I am not sure if anyone has ever enjoyed putting up a Christmas tree as much as Forrest did. It filled my heart with joy as I listened to him talking to himself as he put each ornament and candy cane on the tree and as I watched him try so hard to hook them on the tree. For the past year, I have told Anna Christine that we can start talking about her birthday once the Christmas tree is up in our house. So, we are talking birthday in our house.
I purchased these new lights, and I love them. White lights are beautiful, but our kids enjoy the colored lights so much. Anna Christine told me this morning, "Mama, I actually think that I like the yellow lights more this morning. Last night, my favorite were the pink ones."
My kids have also been watching this Christmas Classic cartoon from the 1950s available on the Netflix instant play. I am just am amazed at how things have changed since then. This cartoon includes discipline, hunger, sadness, and so much more that kid shows don't include these days. Anna Christine asked me yesterday why the mama was crying. I had to explain that the little kids were hungry for more food, and the mama was sad that she could not provide more for her children. The ending is sweet, but that was after they had to go and search for more fire wood in the snow with rags on. I know, it's a big difference from Dora and Diego, but she is loving them and learning too.



No comments:
Post a Comment