Saturday, June 4, 2011

Princess in Me

Today was AC's ballet recital. She was so excited, but I was a complete nervous wreck. As you can see, she was so thrilled to wear her costume and new crown for the big show. Everything seems to be going well at this point. (For those committed readers, AC cried throughout last year's recital. It was horrible watching your daughter cry on stage and not be able to do anything about it).  


AC had the idea that her daddy go back with her and stand close by. It worked out that she was okay with me doing this instead. Samuel stayed with the boys in the seats to video. I was the only mama back there since most kids do not want to walk away from their mom. If she was to cry, I could just call her to me.
Here she is right before it is her turn. She is doing great at this point. Me, not so great. . .

And then she began dancing, and I started crying. She was so wonderful.

As I mentioned before, she knew the dance so well. She hit every move right on and did not hesitant.


It was such a wonderful morning! I was so proud even before she performed just because she wanted to do it. When we got to the car, she said, "Mama, can I do that again?"



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of her. That was such a big step. Tell her nana and dede knew that she could do it and we are so proud and we love her so much. nana

Anna Pearson said...

Emily, this is such a precious post! She is so beautiful, and I am so glad she was so proud of herself and had fun. Love keeping up with your family this way.

Brink said...

I am so thrilled that she did it!

Aunt Emmy said...

Oh, yay, Anna Christine! We love your dress and are so proud of you!! Meredith actually did well in her recital and didn't cry at all (and Mama was backstage as well). I cannot believe how much Chanin has changed -- he is SO BIG! And I love the curls!
Kiss all your kids for me and hope yall have a great rest of the summer!