Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekends








I used to always look forward to the weekends before Anna Christine was born. Then, right after she was born, I was watching the news one night, and Brian Williams said to have a great weekend. I thought to myself, "Weekends definitely do not mean rest and relaxation. When do I get a break from this new job?" Well, things have definitely changed. I now begin to look forward to Friday afternoons on Sunday. I live for weekends, because I do not have to leave my baby, and I get to hang out with Samuel. Anna Christine is all fun at this point. I was reading in my book that this age is the happiest time for the baby and one of the easiest for the parent.
This weekend, we went shopping. We are looking for a bathing suit for Anna Christine. Samuel is counting down the days to take her swimming. I must say that I do not see a reason to take her swimming until she really begins to enjoy her bath and playing in the water. She is starting to kick and play a little bit, and I am trying to teach her how to play, but she does not show a ton of interest. She does hold her bath toy that Katy Beth gave her. Anyway, we definitely have to wait until she turns six months, because I am completely freaked out about her getting any sun at all. At six months, babies can begin to wear sunblock. We live in Florida where you can get burned walking from your car into the grocery store!!!!! As you can see, Anna Christine's skin could be any fairer. I hope you enjoy the pictures.


4 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey Emily and Samuel! Welcome to the world wide web:). I'm so glad to see that the blogger is going to work out for you! Plus, it works out for me because Ella gets to see her beautiful cousin Anna Christine (she's working on saying A.C. right now...we'll work up to Anna Christine:))!! I wanted to tell you too, that Preston and I got a great book when Ella was up at night called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child...we lived by this thing! It's great! Can't wait to see new pictures! Love you.

Marion said...

Love the blog, wish I was there to give her a big hug!

Hopefully we will being seeing ya'll sometime soon!

Marion:)

mary straton said...

i am loving having another blogging friend.

I can't decide who AC looks like...

:)

LT (and Max) said...

emily! i haven't seen you in YEARS! i saw your blog link on mary straton's blog....
you have a little girl!! SHE'S ADORABLE!!! i'm so glad to know you have a blog.... i'm adding you as a link, and i'll check on you often! :)
Laura Tomlinson