Well there you have it: a prime example of overdominance (or would this be heterosis?). Our breeder friends know that the former term refers to cases where the "value" of the offspring exceeds the "value" of either of the parents. (Those friends will also notice that, according to tradition, the maternal parent is shown first in the cross). It's obvious that neither of AC's parents were as cute as she is.
7 comments:
Ok, she looks like Emily now-she's so cute and really growing fast. Can't wait to see yall in a couple of weeks! Have chemo again tomorrow and am thrilled-ha! Thanks for your prayers!
love, Cat
Wow, she looks just like that first picture, is that Emily or Mrs. Jones?
she looks like her mama to me. :)
Emily, I think AC looks like you!! I was so glad to hear from the Huttons. I keep check on your blog....you have a great one! Next time y'all are over this way near Greenwood, we would love to get together!
Elizabeth
Can't wait to see yall next week!! I am so excited. Save some sugar for Aunt Emmy, AC! And tell your daddy that he does not get to hold you when you are at my house : )
Lots of love to yall,
Emily Porter
When I first saw her I thought she must have Samuel's baby features so it was interesting to see how wrong I was. I can't believe how much she looks like your baby picture Emily! What a great idea! I can't believe that's your baby picture.
-Sonya
I forgot to put my name on the comment I made about the 4th's pictures. Oops.
We have found the same thing with our boys. While they have features from each of us, they are way cuter than we ever were.
Post a Comment