Friday, October 22, 2010

Recent Happenings

This week, we have recovering from a quick trip home to MS where we mourned the death of Samuel's uncle. We traveled through the night pretty much there and back. So, this week has been catch up. I just can't get things together. This little guy is not helping my progress.

I call this guy my vanilla milkshake. I call him that mainly because the only things that he really likes to eat and drink are his mama's milk and yobaby vanilla yogurt. He will try other things, but after a few bites, he shuts those little lips tight. . . kind of like in that picture above. . .

In other news, Samuel has accepted a position with University of FL. He is a professor of tomato breeding. We are thankful to finally settle down. We have been married for eight years with three children; we have moved from the Twin Cities to Gainesville and then to Tampa; he has gotten a Master's from University of MN and a PhD and post doc from University of FL. It is time, and we are excited. 

4 comments:

Jill said...

Your little "vanilla milkshake" is adorable! Congrats to you all on Samuel's job!! I am sure it feels great to be settled. Yay!!

Anonymous said...

i miss that little guy. actually, i miss the other little guy and little precious girl too. love yall nana

The Porters said...

Congratulations, Dr. Hutton! So proud of you and thankful that you can call Tampa home! Much love to all of you including the adorable vanilla milkshake man.

Wanting What I Have said...

So sorry to hear about Samuel's uncle, and so thankful to hear he has accepted the job! I am happy for y'all! And I simply cannot get over that precious little "Vanilla MIlkshake!" Too cute!!!