My morning. . . I should say my, Samuel's, and Chanin's morning began at 3 a.m. I'm hesitant to mention this, because at this point in my life, a very early morning like this is not really a big deal or a big surprise. It's tough to wake up, but then you say to yourself, "Why do I expect to sleep at all? I have three small children." I have no idea why he woke up so early, but I did everything that a normal mother would do. . . nursed him, let him cry for a significant amount of time, sent the husband in there to do whatever he comes up with, etc. Nothing worked. So, we just got up. Week before last when Forrest was so sick, I went to sleep at 6 a.m. and woke up at 6:45 a.m. That was a little harder. Anyway, we continued with the normal things. Chanin woke up from his nap, and he watched the other two play together from his high chair. Things seemed to be going smooth. I decided to vacuum and mop my floors. Our house is not large, but all the floors are hardwood, and I also vacuum everything right before I mop. It's a large chore. Everything was going smoothly until I was all done.
Anna Christine's snow white gown is awesome. After I cleaned, I noticed that EVERYTHING was covered in yellow glitter.
She was dancing really hard and having a great time.
Then, Forrest had an accident with the bag of baby goldfish. Again, just an accident. . . At least the floors were clean and we could just put them right back in the bag.
See that little guy in the Christmas jammies? Somehow, he had a mysterious accident where "number 2" escaped from his diaper onto the clean floor in his room.
I took all these pictures before any of these accidents happened. I took them because I love watching my kids enjoying each other's company so much. It made me happy watching them play with one another while I worked.
Everything is cleaned up now, and I am thankful for rest time.





3 comments:
:) I'm glad things are all picked up and you got to enjoy rest time! I so know those days!!! I had one today, too!
Em, your children and your photography are beautiful! I miss our reunion planning when we were in such close touch. I ran into your sweet parents last week at Panera Bread, and it made me want to see you.
You are supermom. That is all.
Post a Comment