Saturday, October 4, 2008

1 Week Update


Yesterday, Anna Christine, Forrest and I went to the doctor for his one week check up. It looks like he has gain about two ounces a day since last Sunday. We were all very pleased. Forrest is doing great. He is waking up about once a night to eat. I feed him at 11, and he wakes up about 3 or 4 to eat, and then he sleeps until 7 or 8. He is probably doing so well at night since he eats frequently during the day. Anyway, I feel like we are all resting well. Anna Christine is adjusting well too. Today (Saturday) has been her best day. I figured out this morning that she enjoys reading books while I am nursing Forrest. Yesterday, we did puzzles and that worked well too. Since my parents left on Thursday, the three of us have had a couple of outings just to try to get back to normal life (Samuel has not been able to take much time off). Our trip to the park on Thursday was great. I put Forrest in the Ergo carrier, and we had no problems at all. The doctor's visit was pretty easy too, except that I was 15 minutes late. Oh well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad things are going well, Emily! I hope to meet your kids someday!

Jill said...

He is so adorable!! Glad to hear that all is calm in the Hutton household. Give your babies hugs and smooches for me!!

----------------------------------------------------------- said...

Emily, he looks soooo much like you! I wonder if he'll have your curly dark hair one day!
Glad to see your adjusting well. Love you!

ragan said...

That was me, Ragan ;-)